torsdag 7 oktober 2010

Your choices...?

You seemed extremely adamant in your choices yesterday, and quite set on which accents/Englishes you wish to explore. So, I started looking up on info. and came up with these: for comparing accents, the Speech Accent Archive, Canadian English, Australian English, South Africa. Nobody opted for Japanglish, Singlish... Ah well, it really is your choice! If you haven't decided completely, though, you might want to check this link out for inspiration, from world english.org. A nice introduction to varieties of English is given by David Crystal on which variety to teach.

We need to plan the work and decide on a date for presentations, and this is what I expect from the groups: you be the experts in your oral presentation (yes, a film is OK) so that the others learn something, give a historic background, describe the major characteristics and explore attitudes to the accent/version. I will sometimes give you an article to read or a clip to listen to, so that we can have discussions throughout the project. I am also planning to start some lessons on grammatical issues. Finally, I will ask you to blog, in order for you to share your thoughts with me. Homework for Thursday October 14th is to create a blog, write a presentation of yourself in your first post. Then, you send me a message in It's Learning where you tell me A: the name of your blog and B: your ideas for this project; what and how will you go about this? Let me know if you have any questions!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar